Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Current CEO and senior management couldn't care less

1 Nov 2015 - Ops Manager in National City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I struggle to find anything positive to say anymore. Barchester used to employ superb people but they have all had enough and are leaving in droves. They used to have a brilliant reputation, the management structure was flat, everyone felt that they were part of something special. Not any more. It's all about profit now. Nothing else seems to matter to the current CEO.

Cons

Barchester used to make the 25 Best Big Companies list every year. But they won't get it again. Staff no longer feel valued. Promises are made to new staff but it's all a con. Attrition rates are shocking. The Business School no longer exists and staff development is a joke as the company has slashed its L&D budget yet Barchester continues to claim that their career training is the best in the business. The current board and senior managers have established a hierarchical dictatorship akin to a 1980's corporation which seeks to treat its middle managers like mushrooms.

Continue reading
    16 people found this review helpful
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

good employer

6 Dec 2019 - General-Manager in Cheshire, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

supportive line management and good staff engagement

Cons

high fees but not great staffing levels

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Disgraceful

3 Feb 2015 -  in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clients deserve a little help, have met some very interesting people over the years

Cons

No staff, rude management, lack of backing from anyone as they will get it from management. Clients are being neglected, if families complain it is staff who get blame?

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Barchester Healthcare Response

Recruitment Marketing Manager

We are sorry hear of your experience whilst working for Barchester and take your comments very seriously. Barchester never use the term ‘client’, we are a family and strive to make our homes safe and happy places in which to both live and work. We provide a totally confidential employee helpline for staff to discuss issues such as those that you raise here, and would therefore urge you to use it. However, I also note that you live in the USA and, since we operate entirely within the UK, wonder whether you have actually left our company? Thank you.

Discover more reviews about Barchester Healthcare.