Benefex - Not perfect by any means, but a truly fantastic place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Not perfect by any means, but a truly fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Employee Support Specialist

I have been working at Benefex full-time for more than a year

Pros

At every company there's always going to be problems, and Benefex is no exception, but the pro's FAR outweigh the cons here. If you get a job here, I promise you'll be happy with what you find. The greatest things by far are the way that you are treated by the leadership, and the company culture. Every day I come to work, and I know that I'm going to be listened to, treated with respect, and like my opinions are actually worth something. That doesn't mean I say "jump" and the leadership says "how high", but as long as you're coming to them with a problem (and a potential solution to that problem) in an honest way, then they will hear you out. They're also really transparent with the direction the company is going, and our goals, and that's genuinely refreshing. But by far the best thing is the people. I work in ESC, and it's genuinely such a great team to work in, and there's a sort of attitude in in the team that I've never seen in any other workplace - in an amazing way! The current leadership - Ruth - is absolutely fantastic, and she makes you feel valued, a part of the team, and it really seems like she knows what she's doing :) Again, at other places I've worked there's always gossiping and backstabbing, and lying, and all of that, but I've never encountered that here. There's plenty of other pro's as well. The company is quite liberal with free food, and you get more holiday than most places, and all that good stuff, but far and above the best things about it are the culture within the company, and the leadership.

Cons

You are going to work hard. I know some teams seem to have a lot of overtime (tbh 99% of people do 37.5-40 hours a week), but even if you're not in those teams, there are going to be times where you have to work very hard, and the company absolutely expects that of you. But to be honest, that's not something specific to Benefex, you're going to find that wherever. There's also some elements of a "small company" mentality that are still hanging around. The company's grown fast (and is still growing) and so that's going to be inevitable, but it's obvious that the leadership is working hard to improve this.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't think there's much. Keep doing what you're doing. For all that people might whine and complain, this is far and above the best company I've ever worked at, and even if it stayed exactly the same (with all the problems there might be), then I would hang around for many years to come.

Benefex2019-11-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company to work for - actually lives its values"

Current Employee - Head of Support in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly people, agile , empower people they hire to do a good job, really good induction and training . Its rare to find a company who actually live their own values, so this is a dream come true for me!

Cons

none so far :-)

Benefex2020-01-17
  2. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Assistant Management Accountant

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and good activities put on to engage employees during the year

Cons

Recruitment process can take a while to get going

Benefex2020-01-15

Discover more reviews about Benefex.