Brightpearl - "Swipe Right" Best decision I ever made!! | Glassdoor.co.uk

""Swipe Right" Best decision I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best decision I ever made! -My role keeps progressing and management are happy to change with my strengths. -Very flexible with working from home to enable me to manage childcare. -Happy to leave me to get on with it as long as all my work is done by the deadlines and I achieve my targets -I find Management have always listened to my suggestions and yes even the odd time I had concerns they listened and acted. -This is a start up (progressing upward very quickly) and so of course you can't have your hand held all the time, you need to take your work and run and I guess that kind of pace doesn't suite everyone. -My hard work has always been recognised and that says a lot. (and yes often you have to do work not on your contract but so what I am happy to extend myself.)

Cons

Very limited parking spaces (but they have allowed me 3 days a week) I hear many comment that a 6pm end is very late. (because I have to fetch kids I can finish at 5pm and do an extra hour from home - see they are very flexible!)

Brightpearl2018-06-16

Other Employee Reviews

"Great Sales Environment"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

-generous benefits/ PTO (that they actually want you to use) -fantastic managers who dedicate themselves to 1:1 time with each employee -room for growth within the organization -paid volunteer opportunities -cool product that helps our customers grow

Cons

-downtown office does mean that parking can be a bit of an issue- the company does help with the cost, but employees do still end up paying out of pocket -no 401k match

Brightpearl2019-06-11

"Favoritism within roles that need to be handled by (senior) professionals."

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company to work for if you're trying to improve your professional skills and learn about the do's and don'ts. -Great start-up culture; however, you will find that if you're not in the likes of your managers you will not be provided guidance to move up the chain of command or you stay in the same position as you started. -Room for growth (in some departments).

Cons

-Favoritism and greenness of crucial team members. Employees are jumping off the ship. -More guidance from upper management instead of being told "Go talk to this 'person' and see how they did it". That is not a leader, that is a boss. -Very much of a "Boys' Club" culture. -Leadership roles need to be filled by senior level employees.

Brightpearl2019-10-16

Brightpearl Response

October 24, 2019Office Operations Manager

While are are never eager to hear that someone has had a negative experience at Brightpearl, we do recognize that feedback like this allows us to address concerns that we may not be aware of if an employee does not share while they’re here. HR, executive leadership and our managers are available for all employees that have any concerns or suggestions and we actively and publicly encourage communication by providing opportunity in all staff meetings and one to ones. We even have a channel that provides an employee a way to submit suggestions or concerns anonymously, if that is more comfortable. Brightpearl prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer that promotes a positive culture which rewards all employees who exemplify our values. Recognized/Rewarded employees are nominated by their peers once a quarter for demonstrating values and are publicly praised for these actions. Our leadership team stands behind this program. Our team brings together various industry and professional experiences and encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst teams and promotes a teaching culture. Brightpearl uses multiple factors to aid in placing an employee in a role where he/she will have the most opportunity to be successful and add value to the organization.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Brightpearl.