"Anonymous"

2.0
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator

I worked at British Red Cross full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues and volunteers, great learning opportunities and a general amazing opportunity to help those in need. Work and life balance is good and there are plenty of paid holiday.

Cons

The salary is a joke. I could never have supported a family and could not put any savings aside to to and see my family and close friends. It's hard to move into new roles within the organisation and progress career wise. The organisation does not invest in you to gain skills outside your role, e.g to become a manager. I felt quite isolated and relying only on a local manager and did not feel that I was part of the larger organisation. I was frustrated but didn't feel like I had anyone to raise my opinions to when my manager and I was not on the same page.

Continue reading
  1. "Really good training"

5.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at British Red Cross part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good office, Really good work-life balance

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

2. "Intern at London Head Office"

5.0
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at British Red Cross

Pros

Staff at the London head office are all extremely friendly and supporting. There was never a time that I didn't feel welcome by any member of staff. I was able to take on different tasks covering many different areas including administration, data organisation etc, even handling critical information such as DBS checks. British red cross has a lovely culture, and the things they do for the world are wonderful.

Cons

As a young intern, don't expect to be paid much or even anything at all. They are after all a charity organisation!

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about British Red Cross.