Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unhealthy bullying culture

Apr 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

In general the people who work here are great and help each other and want to make a difference. The aims of the organisation sound great and draw you in to feel like you can be yourself and have your say, the reality is very different.

Cons

In customer experience the senior leadership is top down, restrictive and bullying. When issues and concerns are raised even from within leadership roles these are swept under the carpet. If you question decisions or aren't a yes person you are described as negative even if you do this in a constructive way. There is also a sense of you get roles if your face fits

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Bromford Response

Firstly thank you for being honest, which is part of our DNA here at Bromford. We are committed to creating a safe, healthy and inclusive culture and do not accept or tolerate bullying in the workplace and take any allegations of this nature very seriously. In line with our DNA and core competencies, we encourage colleagues to Be Honest, Be Bold and work with courage and will ensure we address any concerns that are raised and listen to the voice of our colleagues.

1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Historically a great place to work, not so much anymore...

Mar 7, 2020 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, opportunity for knowledge and some opportunity for growth.

Cons

Feels more and more chaotic nowadays, loss of direction and a lot of pressure put on teams to achieve in an turbulent environment. Good benefits package but low salaries in comparison to sector

4 people found this review helpful

Engagement Specialist

I am sorry to read your comments. We are going through a period of considerable change at the moment and yes, this can feel uncomfortable and very different for some colleagues at this time. The roll-out of Bromford's new strategy, new systems, pay alignment and terms and conditions will, I'm sure, start to have a positive impact - hopefully, you will feel the benefits of those soon too. Please talk to your leader or an HR Business Partner if you would like to discuss your concerns confidentially.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Ok must do better!

Jan 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team members, the overall philosophy as a social enterprise, genuinely wants to help unlock customers potential

Cons

Turn over of colleagues within the team, lack of stability, not allowed autonomy, too much oversight, lack of trust to do your job

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Engagement Specialist

Thank you for posting your review, we're sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you. Lots of what you raise point towards the fact there has been so much change at Bromford - which can feel uncomfortable and unsettling for colleagues. We have, and are continuing to, put lots of support in place for teams, individuals and leaders, and our transformation programme is now well underway; helping us align our services and improve how we do things. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Discover more reviews about Bromford.