"Vision for tech product keeps changing"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people working at Centro will quickly become some of your close friends. Centro is great at hiring great people, who enjoy working hard and having fun too. The culture of honesty and fun at Centro has never really shifted since my time at the company. Unlimited vacations: people typically take around 15 days vacations days, ~14 paid holidays, and 10 sick days per year. So it isn't literally "unlimited", but you have some leeway. After 4 full years with Centro, you get a 3 week paid sabbatical. Maternity leave is 4 months and Paternity is 1 month. Health benefits are great too. Each year, Centro does "Wellness Week" where they encourage participation by everyone to do a free wellness screening (gives you 30% off health insurance premium). Meditation twice per week, if you work in the Chicago office, otherwise you have to call in. CEO and Leadership is transparent with the rest of the company about how we are doing and what they are forecasting.

Cons

Lack of vision for the future of the tech product. I don't think this is always coming from the top down, but somewhere in the middle. Tech side suffers from "paralysis of analysis", slow to get small changes out. Supposed to be Agile, but can't quite be because of the product they are trying to build and sell. Constantly changing strategies and priorities. Not hiring \ more people on the tech side or services side, even when people resign, so people take on more work without more pay. Very difficult to get a promotion or a raise, process takes months. I'm talking 6 months for some people, or more. It is a frustrating place to work, when the work and projects have been influx from the start.

Continue reading
  1. "Cares about employees!!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Analytics Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best benefits anywhere Flexible Great opportunities for advancement

Cons

no downsides. amazing place to work!

2. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, benefits and people.

Cons

Weak data and analytics team

Centro Response

July 9, 2020Centro

Thank you for your feedback and for your time here at Centro! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and the culture and people around you when you were here. As you know, our leadership team works hard to build and cultivate a strong and collaborative team in every department. If you have any additional feedback or ideas on our data and analytics team, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

Discover more reviews about Centro.