"Learned a lot, but ultimately couldn’t keep up and burned out."

2.0

I worked at Centro

Pros

Great culture with a collaborative environment. Good benefits , good people. Supportive, patient direct supervisors.

Cons

Long hours. Certain times of the year were beyond stressful with the workload and often resulted in 13-15 hour days. I hardly saw my kids during the week for months at a time. It just wasn’t worth it.

Centro2019-05-17

Centro Response

June 5, 2019Centro

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. A healthy and sustainable work life blend has always been an important value at Centro, and we’re disappointed to hear that wasn’t always your experience during your time here. Our leadership team is committed to ensuring employees always have the support and tools they need to do their best work and we’ll continue to check in with our teams so they can make us aware of any opportunities for improvement in those areas. If you’d like to help us learn more so we can improve, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. - EVP, Talent and Development

"This place is truly special."

5.0
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For future readers, I am writing this during the COVID-19 pandemic. The world is confronting something very terrifying at the moment, and it is sending shockwaves throughout the global economy and inciting a lot of fear, panic and distrust. It is a scary and uncertain time for families and businesses everywhere. Moments like this force you to take stock of what you are grateful for, and while I'll be the first to admit this is a weird time to write a Glassdoor review, I feel compelled to share what's happening here at Centro through the lens of my inbox. - Nearly overnight Centro assembled a taskforce of people to equip everyone the tools and info necessary to work remotely. We are a tech and services company that grew up on the internet, so it's easy to take this for granted. However, the speed and transparency and effort that went into making this easy for everyone is something I am personally grateful for. - Our CEO has scheduled multiple meetings to keep us updated on basic info about the virus, and how its growing across the world. At a time when there is a lot of mixed info in the media, and people aren't operating with the same level of concern - this is incredible. You may read from others about Centro's values around transparency and its care for its employees. It is real. - We are individually isolated but the culture is THRIVING. Within days, new inter-office chat rooms have sprung up. Office-wide Happy Hours are being hosted via webcam. People are sending out daily tips on productivity or working out from their living rooms. Heartfelt team-wide notes to inspire eachother. Equally inspirational videos of dogs and cats and babies working on laptops. We may be isolated, but we have never been more unified. - Centro has a nation-wide committe that organizes Centro's philanthropy called "The Giving Tree". It also matches some personal donations. This has been in overdrive in recent days. On and on and on. In all of this, I have no idea what comes next. No one does. But I thank God for the people here and places like this. Thank you, Centro.

Cons

We are services-oriented company. Building our own tech. In the Advertising Sector. In 2020. Expect all of the inherent challenges that come with that.

Centro2020-03-18

Centro Response

April 10, 2020Centro

Thank you for your heartfelt words and appreciation! Centro has always been a special place, and that is only more evident in times of crisis when we come together, support each other, and persevere. Although this is a scary and uncertain time for us all, we continue to believe that transparency and doing the right thing in regards to the happiness, safety, and health of our people and their families is a top priority. You said it best – we’ll get through this together! If you have any additional thoughts, feel free to email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Great Benefits, Lacks Diversity & Competitive Pay"

Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro provides some great benefits to their employees including unlimited time off, tons of free food, and a sabbatical.

Cons

Entry and mid-level salaries for most of the company are far from competitive. Promotions are given based on favoritism and it's difficult to navigate unless your team and manager are favorites. Centro also has an alarming lack of diversity for such a "progressive" company that brags about their culture. Almost every POC I knew quit during my tenure.

Centro2020-05-16

Discover more reviews about Centro.