Certus Recruitment Group - Great place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people within this business are fantastic, definitely the best place I have worked in terms of the culture, we work hard but also know how to have fun - Progression opportunities, I think if you get your head down and show that you care, this company is one that will really look to develop you and your skill set - Senior management, the sales director in particular is very approachable and you learn a lot... from the senior management team

Cons

- No microwave, every company has one so is a bit of a frustration - Can sometimes be a bit micro management and focus a bit too much on getting on the phone when results can be achieved in other forms

Certus Recruitment Group2018-12-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Perfect first job in sales!"

Current Employee - Client Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Certus for 6 months - I came on as a fresh graduate working on the graduate desk and I love it! I love the culture; it's competitive but promotes a positive team environment as well. I have learned so much about the industry, and I love the buzz I get when I make a deal and everyone cheers! It's a hard job, you need to be able to pick yourself up after a bad day - it really is a rollercoaster......but so far it's been a great ride and I can't wait to work my way up the ladder!

Cons

NA - I'm loving it (although a microwave would be nice!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, by giving us new guys/gals the tools we need to be successful in this industry.

Certus Recruitment Group2018-12-20

"No thanks."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Formed friendships with other former colleagues for life. * Learnt a lot about how to run on very little sleep. * Daniel. * Excellent praise system with the Friday round-up. * Lunch club is a hoot.

Cons

* Racist * Sexist * Multiple accounts of sexual abuse being reported and completely left because sales numbers were good. * Being told not to call candidates because their name 'didn't sound English' * Being forced to tell candidates they didn't get the job despite being qualified because they are wearing a hijab. * The illegal underpayment of apprentices who would finally be given a salary after working too... many hours only to be again underpaid. * Clear sexism in the office towards the female members of staff. * Terrible treatment of employees after they leave - or when they are looking to leave. * Ridiculous payment system for the recruitment, it went from a simple, mutually beneficial system of the commission to a split, completely bias one. * You don't want a promotion, because it comes with way more work, way more pressure, considerably less commission and a ridiculously high turn over. This job is perfect for you, and you will be considered an excellent candidate if you are a privately educated male who is white, drinks beer, doesn't have a social life outside of work except maybe football and just loves racism and phone smashing. Otherwise, maybe jog on.

Advice to Management

Have a consistent management system. Maybe just give the people what they want and chuck a microwave in. Maybe consider letting people have lunch longer than 15 mins because you can barely get down the stairs to Pret for some hot food and back in time and you can't warm anything in the office. (No microwave) And maybe fire that guy who keeps touching up girls?

Certus Recruitment Group2019-04-08

Discover more reviews about Certus Recruitment Group.