"Happiest I've been in my career"

5.0
    Current Employee - People Acquisition Associate in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

In two days' time, I will have completed my first year at Checkout.com and this is what I have to say... I wish never to have a reason to leave Checkout.com. I absolutely love it here. It' the people who make it so enjoyable. I joined in July last year and it has been amazing to watch it grow from around 300 people to >700 to date. It's been exciting, challenging, and rewarding. Strong working relationships made with people in other teams and departments you'd not normally be able to do in most companies. I've never been a part of such a sociable and culturally diverse company before and one that recognizes you for the value you add, no matter how big or small. Supportive management and growth opportunities in your career. I feel like I've finally landed on my feet here and my career is on track. I don't believe anyone who has a bad thing to say about Checkout.com. Checkout.com is going places, so don't miss the boat if you are thinking about applying!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. But my advice is; If you can't hack 'fast-paced' it might not be for you.

Other Employee Reviews

"Sales"

5.0

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fast paced company in a great vertical. -Opportunity to actively contribute to company’s growth and help build a business. -Management is there for steadiness but allows for personal decisions and growth (this is NOT a micromanaged company) -Management is very approachable, reasonable and allows employees to stretch. -Great environment for one to learn, grow and spread their wings.

Cons

-Sometimes information is not delivered in timely manner but that is primarily attributed to the fast pace of the company. Typical growing pains of a fast paced tech company.

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Experience may vary*"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Checkout.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Hires top tier talent, often coming from large, multinational companies -Wonderful work culture* -Great if you are coming straight out of uni with little to no experience, a huge downgrade if you are coming from anywhere of value

Cons

-Your experience is completely based on who your manager is. For better or for worse. -The Csuite is a complete boys club which sweeps HR complaints under the rug to protect each other, Don't expect this company to care about you. -Had layoffs immediately after an All Employee Meeting announcing job security when covid19 first came out. "Transparent" -Unless you make it past the yearly layoffs don't expect to be promoted within. -Manager attitudes stink from the head down. Incompetent, entitled people feel secure in their positions because their managers are lazy, do the bare minimum and are purposefully divisive people. Funny for a company whose values are aspire, excel, unite. -There is a reason why this company has a STEADY median tenure of 13 months. Highly suggest reaching out to a former employee before applying.

Checkout.com Response

June 24, 2020Head of People

Dear colleague, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Checkout.com we are constantly looking for ways to better support our team members, so we really appreciate the feedback. We’re really happy to hear you found Checkout.com to be a workplace full of highly skilled team members and enjoyed being part of the workplace culture - we care a lot about the environment we create for our people and always strive to ensure it remains inclusive and engaging. In response to your comments about our managers, in the past few months we have launched a new, bespoke leadership programme to help even our most experienced managers to continue improving. We have also introduced upward-manager reviews into our annual review process, giving us a truly 360-degree feedback system and clear development areas for all our managers. When it comes to viewing our C-suite as a boys club, we have welcomed three fantastic women to our executive team within the past year, bringing with them a wealth of experience in their areas of specialisation. 30% of our executive team is now made up of women and we are committed to continuing to close the gender gap. We strive to make our workplace a meritocratic environment for all team members, which is why we were proud to promote 90 team members in our last review cycle due to their dedicated and effective work. I can confirm that there were 0 layoffs and no employees were furloughed as a result of the pandemic, and any leavers around that time came as a direct result of the annual review process. We want our people to feel like they can make a long lasting impact at Checkout.com, and we’re proud of the fact we’ve raised our retention rate from 77.94% to 85.63% over the past year. Our People Team operates a 24/7 open door policy to discuss and help resolve any type of dispute or issue a team member might be having, no matter where they come from within the business. Ultimately, we are always working to improve to ensure all of our people feel supported and able to thrive. We are sorry that your experience at times didn’t match up to this and we would welcome the opportunity for an open and honest discussion if you are open to it. Best regards, Louis

Discover more reviews about Checkout.com.