Cisco Systems - Gay out and proud - #LGBT | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Gay out and proud - #LGBT"

Current Employee - Senior Global Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

For a 70,000 person, global company, there are so many things to be PROUD of in working for Cisco. As an LGBT leader at Cisco, I am happy to be myself, and encourage others to do the same. There is tremendous executive support for our LGBT brothers and sisters at Cisco, across the globe. Cisco's continued 'foot on the gas pedal' delivering on Inclusion & Diversity aren't just words, rather, actions that continue to...

Cons

The only 'Con' I can muster up is the opportunity to find new opportunities within Cisco for many people. Cisco is not a high growth company, so not adding 100s of jobs/week, like some others. That said, there is tremendous opportunity for cross teaming, working on stretch assignments, and raising your hand to do 'other' things.

Advice to Management

There continues to be much talk about Job Rotations...but truth is it is very hard to find, and do. I encourage you to move this up the ladder of 'making it happen' in the next 15-18 months.

Cisco Systems2018-02-27
  1. "Best Company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great Company with great benefits. People are friendly and helpful. Very much a can do company that is always striving to be better. I am always learning and never a dull moment.

Cons

Cisco is really big and sometimes hard to find the correct people to help get things done. If you are not motivated and resourceful you will not succeed here.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve and streamline processes. Make licensing easier for customers.

Cisco Systems2019-02-13
  2. "Cisco takes great care of their people"

Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of development activities Great work life balance

Cons

As with other big tech companies, a lot of the novel work they put out is through the start ups they buy. Reorganizations not uncommon

Cisco Systems2019-05-26

Discover more reviews about Cisco Systems.