1. Cisco Systems - Customer Experience | Division of Cisco Systems

"Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Success Programs Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the main reasons I love working at Cisco are the people and the environment we are surrounded with. It is a place full of diversity, which is a vital factor in getting to know different cultures and collaborating together. Having a high-trust organization such as Cisco helps us avoid micro management and employees are getting most of their potential. Apart from work, we love to have fun and rest our minds from business thoughts. In one of our Global Team meetings we had Chris Martin from Coldplay join us and play a few songs. How cool is that? As a big successful corporation we have a lot of job benefits, newest technology and always moving forward!

Cons

Being a part of such big organization means that change is constant and it is something that we need to adapt as the world and priorities are constantly changing too. Nothing that worries me too much as we know this is the only way to stay ahead of the competition.

Continue reading
  1. "Great mentorship"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems for less than a year

Pros

Well planned for the intern.

Cons

Intern rarely converts to full time.

2. Cisco Systems - Customer Experience | Division of Cisco Systems

"I can't believe Cisco got #1 place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Competitive pay - Name recognition - Established company so it's expected it will be around awhile - Room for climbing the corporate ladder

Cons

- Layoffs are always looming over everyone's heads, so morale is low - No loyalty to their long time employees, they will lay off better workers and keep the ones that everyone wonders why/how they still have a job there. Seemingly arbitrary. - Company is way too big, you'll always feel like a number - Sketchy leadership in some divisions - They buy companies doing great things and then lay off the teams that made them that way and water down the product. I know it sounds like I am a scorned employee who was laid off, but I wasn't, I was just appalled at how others fared in these quarterly chopping blocks. I left of my own accord for a better work environment and it was one of the better decisions I've ever made.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Cisco Systems.