1. "Great workplace and superb people to work with!"

5.0
    Reading Help Desk Analyst in Reading, England, England

I worked at Cisco Systems for more than a year

Pros

For the 17th year in a row, Cisco is among Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Cisco is IT leader and a great multinational workplace full of highly skilled professionals. Cisco genuinely cares for the society and works towards the betterment and upbringing of the society, which is one of the best things I like about Cisco.

Cons

Long hours, no clear management structure. Most of your time you will spent collaborating with distant colleagues in other cities or time zones

1. Cisco Systems - Customer Experience | Division of Cisco Systems

"Best company to work for!"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Security Consulting Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life balance, project variety and team support are some of the things that keep me happy

Cons

None that are worth mentioning

2. Cisco Systems - Customer Experience | Division of Cisco Systems

"I can't believe Cisco got #1 place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Competitive pay - Name recognition - Established company so it's expected it will be around awhile - Room for climbing the corporate ladder

Cons

- Layoffs are always looming over everyone's heads, so morale is low - No loyalty to their long time employees, they will lay off better workers and keep the ones that everyone wonders why/how they still have a job there. Seemingly arbitrary. - Company is way too big, you'll always feel like a number - Sketchy leadership in some divisions - They buy companies doing great things and then lay off the teams that made them that way and water down the product. I know it sounds like I am a scorned employee who was laid off, but I wasn't, I was just appalled at how others fared in these quarterly chopping blocks. I left of my own accord for a better work environment and it was one of the better decisions I've ever made.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Cisco Systems.