Clear Channel - Fell for it again | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Fell for it again"

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers will let you work on your own. I did not experience micro managing.

Cons

No communication between departments. People do not like to work as a team. It could be a great place to work but everyone is ready to step on anyone's toes to make sure they do not look bad to the upper management.

Advice to Management

Need to encourage team work and communication. Need to work with co-workers and help them to learn new roles. Need more career advancement.

Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel

"Long hours, little pay."

Current Employee - Board Operator in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Board Operator in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gets your foot in the door, great way to meet people in radio.

Cons

Hard to "work up" unless you know someone.

Advice to Management

Treat your entry level employees well, they run your stations for you.

"More stress for less money"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to work for one of the largest companies in the world. The name "Clear Channel" looks good on paper.

Cons

This was once a great company to work for....8+ years ago! It has gradually gone down hill. I wish it could be blamed on the hard economic times, which, yes has contributed to how they treat their employees, but sadly I think it's more about how the company is managed. They once cared about their employees and treated you like family. The perks were once great. Now it's about how much more responsibility they can pile on you, how many more hour you can work and how much faster you can do it all. It's an extremely stressful environment. I always got overlooked for the work and hours I put in. If they dont like you, they will make your life miserable until you leave. They never fire anyone because they dont want to deal with unemployment. The turnover is really high because no one wants to work for a company that treats their employees so poorly.

Advice to Management

Get back to what you once were or the company will go under. Start caring about your employees and treating them with dignity and respect. Or start handing out anxiety medication in your new hire packets, because they are going to need it! Otherwise, you might as well hire robots, because that is the only way the amount of work you demand of your employees will get done without stressing them out and making them constantly sick.