Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Went from contract to full-time (remote) and love it

May 29, 2018 - Content Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't stress enough how much emphasis is placed on deliverables over "number of hours worked" in a given week. Managers and the CEO work extremely hard with individual contributors to agree on realistic projects, deadlines, deliverables and to empower employees to go out and do what they're hired to do. There's very little oversight from managers on a daily basis, as they fully trust people to go out and execute on the tasks that are mutually agreed upon. Another major plus has been how few meetings the company has in general.. it varies a bit based on team/role, but there's never a useless meeting to talk just for the sake of "talking" about a project, campaign or goal. We have great weekly team meetings over Zoom and then split off into groups of 3 for more personal, fun conversations with each other, and then it's off to the races. The twice yearly, week-long team retreats are also some of the most fun I've ever had with a company work trip.

Cons

Right now I'm six months into my role full-time after being a contractor for the previous year, and there have been pretty much zero cons. Everyone (and everything) has been exactly as represented during the interview process and whenever there's a little thing I'm frustrated about or want to change in my workflow, the minute I express that to my manager, we have a very open dialogue about how to solve it and get to a place where everyone's happy and the ship keeps moving in the right direction.

Continue reading
    24 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

WOW WOW WOW - What a company, what a future!

Jun 21, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Bootstrapped (and profitable)... - This means we only answer to our customers (customer focused) - Freedom to do meaningful work without politics or red tape - Highly collaborative team, welcoming of different ideas and personalities - Flexibility (fully remote, flexible hours, team trust and understanding)

Cons

I've worked in tech companies large and small and nothing compares to the experience at Close. No cons to mention!

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome experience, team, and benefits

Jun 7, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely love this team and our mission––and the day-to-day is my favorite job to date. You'll get a lot of autonomy (but regular check-ins and guidance to make sure your priorities are aligned). Very few meetings and a true remote-first, asynchronous culture. Work on your schedule with little micromanaging and really great benefits. Feels like a very mature company culture with mutual respect and employee investment, plus––we're building a cool product that customers actually love, which feels affirming.

Cons

Some of the smaller departments are still building project management processes, so there's sometimes confusion that we need to clear up in team meetings and regular syncs about what's gotten done/still needs to be done. It's still much more manageable than other companies I've worked at though, so it's not really a complaint. More of just my only regular bump in the road.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Close.