Cloudreach - Innovative and flexible workplace | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Innovative and flexible workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance People are passionate, intelligent and easy to work with Working in an interesting field that is impacting the industry as a whole Growing like crazy with opportunities for growth into lead positions Open communication from leadership team Fast paced environment with the flexibility - get your work done and you won't be micromanaged

Cons

Growing pains are a real thing, but worth it if you want to be a part of a company that is gaining competitive advantage and breaking through tech barriers. No company is perfect but at least here they're working to alleviate the pains.

Cloudreach2019-05-06

"Great place to work in"

Current Employee - Senior Data Architect in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues - an environment with very smart people around Culture - no micromanagement, friendly, management is approachable Personal Development - just pick what you want Work/Life balance

Cons

Business is growing and there are challenges. However that is necessary and changing does not happen overnight. I like changes. It also opens opportunities and employees can contribute.

Advice to Management

Take advices, leverage on some of the amazing people from CE for key internal technology challenges.

Cloudreach2019-10-24

"Leadership value profit over people"

Former Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cloudreach full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I joined Cloudreach, the company was committed to doing things differently, and putting the employees first. There was an understanding that having an engaged and committed workforce would lead to having a successful business. Cloudreach had values that every employee lived and breathed. The culture was infectious which made going to work each day a joy, rather than a drag. This made a noticeable difference... both internally, and externally to customers. Cloudreach challenged employees to think differently, experiment and not be afraid of failure. This allowed Cloudreachers to push the boundaries and develop super-creative solutions to difficult problems. Personally, I was able to be involved in a huge variety of projects that gave me so much exposure and experience. This allowed me to develop in my role at a rapid pace. I gained so much valuable experience in my 2.5 years at Cloudreach, that is feels more like 25 years. I can take away a huge amount of learning from Cloudreach that will allow me to excel in my next role. I will certainly be taking some of the original Cloudreach culture and ethos with me.

Cons

Over my time at Cloudreach, I noticed a huge decline in the culture. Cloudreach is now moving towards ‘off-the-shelf’ for everything. Cloudreachers are no longer required (or given the opportunity) to think creatively. The leadership is out-of-touch and unaccepting of challenge where it would have previously been welcomed. Now, any challenge to leadership decisions seems to result in a mark against your name and... a constant, unwinnable battle. Cloudreachers who challenge leadership are “problems” to be mitigated rather than assets to be valued. Often decisions would be made for a line of work to progress. Many Cloudreachers would be working on a project, and then somewhere down the line a seemingly arbitrary decision would be made to halt the project. No explanation or justification would be given, and the past 6, 12, 18 months work would be rendered pointless. This came down to Leadership not having a clear vision and not understanding what was happening on the ground. Compensation at Cloudreach is poor. Despite having an entire team dedicated to improving this for over two years, no improvements have been made and numerous deadlines for a compensation review have been missed. Many Cloudreachers, including myself, were happy to overlook this delay as we felt valued in other ways. However, it is clear that Cloudreach are moving away from caring about their employees, in an effort to “put-the-customer-first”. It now seems that the only objective is to make as much money as possible, without caring about what damage is done to the company on the journey. As a result, many Cloudreachers have been left feeling undervalued as well as underpaid.

Advice to Management

When I joined Cloudreach, it was all about the employees, and it was understood that valued employees would take care of the customers and that business would thrive. Now, although the leadership team continue to insist that the employee is their top concern, actions speak louder than words and it is clear to the employees that Cloudreach is now about doing whatever it takes to make as much money as possible.... My advice to management would be: Listen to your employees. At Cloudreach I worked with some of the smartest, most focussed and motivated people I’ve ever met, but they are no longer being listened to, and this is to Cloudreach’s detriment. The people on the ground often have the best insight into what is and isn’t working for the business, and this is being ignored. Be honest. There is obviously a balance to be struck between making money and putting your employees first. However, if the focus is primarily on making money, stop trying to convince the employees that the company values them above all else. Stop telling employees that Cloudreach is a great place to work, show them.

Cloudreach2019-11-03

Discover more reviews about Cloudreach.