Co-op - Unpleasant Experience | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Unpleasant Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Co-op for more than a year

Pros

- 10% General staff discount, 20% once a month. - Overtime usually available if employees want it. - Manager usually sorted out holidays when requested and was even flexible in terms of short-notice holidays/switching shifts. - Some customers were nice and fun to talk to.

Cons

- Anti-social hours, my contract shifts included working till 11PM every Saturday and Sunday. - They give low hours part-time contract and supplement with overtime, so you don't get as much holiday as you should. - No 2x or 1.5x pay on bank holidays and they still open normal hours on (most) bank/national holidays (7am-11PM) - Colleagues very unprofessional, immature and cliquey. Will make life difficult if you...

Advice to Management

- Security guards are not only to prevent goods from being stolen, they are help staff members physical and mental well-being. The sooner you realise this, the better. - If a staff member comes to you with a legitimate concern you should take it more seriously instead of dismissing it. Especially when it's something as seriously as being phsically threatened.

Co-op2016-05-11
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Co-op full-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers are really supportive Great work life balance Clear strategy and goals Lovely colleagues

Cons

None that I can think of

Co-op2019-07-05

Co-op Response

July 12, 2019

Thanks very much for your review. Lovely feedback!

2. "Great"

Former Employee - Customer Assistant

I worked at Co-op part-time

Pros

Very engaging and interesting place to work

Cons

Cam be time consuming and very demanding

Co-op2019-07-22

Discover more reviews about Co-op.