Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Aspirational, collaborative, talented teams here!

Mar 30, 2022 - Manager in Peterborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great agenda and recently the purpose has been given much more clarity. The purpose of the business is in the right place and we aim to make financial decision making as easy as possible so that people save money! The people agenda is impressive with long term plans all about growing leaders, focusing on career development, culture and EDI which is a great environment to be a part of! The people in this business are aspirational, collaborative and hugely talented, I hugely enjoy my time here! Benefits are good, pay is reviewed regularly and tools are in place to support you with your role!

Cons

Not a con but Exec should definitely continue to be visible in the business, updates are amazing and people really value this as it demonstrates authenticity and the reduction of hierarchy.

Compare The Market Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your positive feedback, particularly in relation to both the people and the people agenda that we have in the business - this is of huge importance to us and so we love to hear about the great experiences that our people are having. Thank you also for your feedback about the things we need to keep doing or do more of, this is equally valuable to us and we will take it on board.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place for development

May 11, 2022 - Director in Peterborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong focus on development and lots of opportunity for people who want it. Organisation has been through a lot of change but now, as a focused price comparison business, has greater clarity. Good benefits and lovely offices.

Cons

Agile style can feel a bit chaotic at times.

Compare The Market Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and how great to hear about the focus on development and opportunities for people who would like it, this is really important for us and so it's brilliant to hear that it stands out to you. It's also good to receive the feedback on the areas where we can make improvements, this is really constructive for us as a business moving forward but really reassuring to hear that following all the changes, you can see the clarity we are now developing.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Apr 28, 2022 - An Engineering Position in Peterborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary - Hybrid working - I attend an office very rarely, and when I do it's for good reason - Cutting edge tech, from the equipment to the technologies used by engineers - Invest in their people - Lots of space for promotion - Talented, friendly people - Great parties! - Offices are spacious and cool spaces to be in - Independent Contributor/Management tracks available (no more having to be a manager and stopping doing tech/code to get a pay rise if you're an engineer) - Committed to Diversity and Inclusion

Cons

- The split from the parent company was handled terribly. That's over now, however, and there has been a change of leadership in tech which has been a revolutionary breath of fresh air! - Centralised teams cause bottlenecks still. - A tendency for teams to over-analyse work before experimenting - waterfall dressed up as agile. Not helped by a waterfall-style system of costing projects and human resource planning. - Employee perks such as bonuses, pensions and rewards schemes struggling to stay competitive.

Compare The Market Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for telling us about all of your positive experiences of working at Compare the Market, the shout out for the cutting-edge technology is amazing and testament to the opportunities people have when working in our Tech teams. We know that any change can be tricky in an organisation and we really hope that you notice things starting to settle down again soon and that improvements can be made in time to avoid bottlenecks and too many processes where these are seen to be an issue. Thank you for feeding back on the areas where we can make things better too, this feedback is just an important to us.

Discover more reviews about Compare The Market.