Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Can't complain considering the circumstances

4 Jun 2020 - Junior Software Engineer in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Despite having started during lock-down and only been on-site for a grand total of 10 minutes to exchange documents and collect equipment, at no point have I had no-one to turn to for resolving an issue. My team have been very welcoming and understanding of the difficulty of starting without meeting anyone in person. Working from home has been very flexible and easy to manage. Red have been able to provide any assistance that I have needed and I have been offered the opportunity for potential training courses in the future if needs be. The project that I have been working on so far has been interesting and many of the other's currently in progress sound interesting also. I am confident that work will remain compelling for the foreseeable future.

Cons

Felt like I was thrown in at the deep end a little bit- I thought I would be given some kind of training when I first started, but was put straight onto a project doing actual customer work. I can see why this was the case and I imagine this would be seen as a pro by many, but I think I personally would have preferred a small amount of training time to brush up on skills needed for the project, especially when stuck working from home. I had no prior industry experience so don't really have any reference for comparison, however all of my other expectations have been met and I am very happy with my position at Red.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Challenging and ever changing work

8 May 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work. Flexible working. Plenty of opportunities if you choose to take. Opportunity to work with technically great people

Cons

Communication could be better from management

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Consultant

18 Dec 2014 - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work. If you manage to get on the right project, it can be fun - but watch your back at all times.

Cons

Political infighting is rampant, "consultant attitude" prevalent (that is, "don't bother with doing good work, make sure that every other member of the team gets dissed and CYA while providing less than professional standard work"). Highly hierarchical structure - and whether a technical decision is deemed "right" depends more upon one's position in the hierarchy than on the facts.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Consult Red.