Democracy Prep Public Schools - stressful | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "stressful"

Former Employee - Teacher in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

teachers are committed and talented

Cons

absolutely no work life balance

Democracy Prep Public Schools2019-06-08
  1. "A culture of consistent improvement"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

While we are far from perfect, everyone at this network cares deeply about kids and puts them first. In the past year Natasha has taken over the role of CEO and the network has benefited tremendously from her leadership. She is both driven and extremely open to feedback. Additionally, she chose to send her own son to DP (he's now graduated). As a network we've shifted away from "No Excuses" to "Purpose Over Power" and "High Expectations, High Support", which has been an overdue change. We treat our scholars with respect, and our civics mission is deeply ingrained in the work we do. We also back-fill all seats and have a robust program for scholars with special needs.

Cons

Currently, DP is in the midst of some big changes. While we serve some of our scholars incredibly well, there are still pockets where kids, and teachers struggle. We need to do a better job of supporting teachers across all campuses to make sure they, and their scholars succeed. However, we're aware of the problems and willing to put in the work to fix them. So I feel optimistic.

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-01-18
  2. "Working for Democracy Prep Public Schools"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continuously reinforces administrative effectiveness by providing development opportunities, such as anti-racist training, specified field training, and support.

Cons

D.P. encourages employees to solve their own problems. There is no rule book. A great place to work if you have the drive and an ambitious work ethic.

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-02-25

Discover more reviews about Democracy Prep Public Schools.