Democracy Prep Public Schools - Five Star Middle School | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Five Star Middle School"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

5 star Middle School Greatest growth in math and reading of ANY school in Nevada with more than 200 kids. Nationally recognized for growth among scholars with IEP's and English Language Learners Strong team culture Incredible growth as a professional and a person as a result of working here Great benefits, such as 12 weeks paid paternal / maternal leave after 1 year of working for the company, 8 weeks paid maternal / paternal leave your first year working for the company, work phone provided, laptop provided, free health insurance after 5 years working for the company

Cons

Long work hours, longer school year, work some Saturdays, work from home sometimes required to meet expectations, work life balance

Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-01-06
  1. "A culture of consistent improvement"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

While we are far from perfect, everyone at this network cares deeply about kids and puts them first. In the past year Natasha has taken over the role of CEO and the network has benefited tremendously from her leadership. She is both driven and extremely open to feedback. Additionally, she chose to send her own son to DP (he's now graduated). As a network we've shifted away from "No Excuses" to "Purpose Over Power" and "High Expectations, High Support", which has been an overdue change. We treat our scholars with respect, and our civics mission is deeply ingrained in the work we do. We also back-fill all seats and have a robust program for scholars with special needs.

Cons

Currently, DP is in the midst of some big changes. While we serve some of our scholars incredibly well, there are still pockets where kids, and teachers struggle. We need to do a better job of supporting teachers across all campuses to make sure they, and their scholars succeed. However, we're aware of the problems and willing to put in the work to fix them. So I feel optimistic.

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-01-18
  2. "Working for Democracy Prep Public Schools"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continuously reinforces administrative effectiveness by providing development opportunities, such as anti-racist training, specified field training, and support.

Cons

D.P. encourages employees to solve their own problems. There is no rule book. A great place to work if you have the drive and an ambitious work ethic.

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-02-25

Discover more reviews about Democracy Prep Public Schools.