Democracy Prep Public Schools - Great place to work! | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Leader U Fellow in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time

Pros

Democracy Prep Publics schools is a place in which like minded people who care about educating ALL students work. Our civics program works to educate the whole child and create compassionate young men and women who are inspired to give back to their community, and make the world a better place. Our rigorous academics pushes our students to think critically and constantly question and examine the world around them.

Cons

Would like more opportunities to collaborate across schools.

Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-01-17
  1. "Mission-Driven Network With Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Curriculum Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Civics-driven mission, quality professional development, generous benefits, driven managers.

Cons

Long work hours, benefits favor longevity

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-02-06
  2. "Compassionate and Genuine Mission-Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Curriculum Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the first organization I've worked for in my career in which everyone I've met is very genuinely dedicated to the mission of not only bettering the lives of our students and communities, but also of facilitating the growth of future leaders and change-agents. DP is different from other charter organizations in its commitment to civic engagement and social justice, so it tends to attract people who are in the work for the right reasons. The students are unusually kind, eager, and empathic for the most part, although this trait can vary by campus, so visits are key. I've been very impressed with our organization's commitment to DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) work at all levels. For teachers, the benefit is that the network provides a pretty solid curriculum with all materials and assessments created; the teachers' job is to internalize those lessons. Teachers are given significant PD support and coaching.

Cons

Like most public schools and charter organizations, money is tight. Teachers sometimes have to teach extra classes when people are out. The network is newly committed to using substitutes for long term situations, which has been a game changer on overworked staff.

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-02-18

Discover more reviews about Democracy Prep Public Schools.