Democracy Prep Public Schools - A culture of consistent improvement | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "A culture of consistent improvement"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

While we are far from perfect, everyone at this network cares deeply about kids and puts them first. In the past year Natasha has taken over the role of CEO and the network has benefited tremendously from her leadership. She is both driven and extremely open to feedback. Additionally, she chose to send her own son to DP (he's now graduated). As a network we've shifted away from "No Excuses" to "Purpose Over Power" and "High Expectations, High Support", which has been an overdue change. We treat our scholars with respect, and our civics mission is deeply ingrained in the work we do. We also back-fill all seats and have a robust program for scholars with special needs.

Cons

Currently, DP is in the midst of some big changes. While we serve some of our scholars incredibly well, there are still pockets where kids, and teachers struggle. We need to do a better job of supporting teachers across all campuses to make sure they, and their scholars succeed. However, we're aware of the problems and willing to put in the work to fix them. So I feel optimistic.

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-01-18
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Leader U Fellow in New York, NY

I have been working at Democracy Prep Public Schools full-time

Pros

Democracy Prep Publics schools is a place in which like minded people who care about educating ALL students work. Our civics program works to educate the whole child and create compassionate young men and women who are inspired to give back to their community, and make the world a better place. Our rigorous academics pushes our students to think critically and constantly question and examine the world around them.

Cons

Would like more opportunities to collaborate across schools.

Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-01-17
  2. "Mission-Driven Network With Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Curriculum Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Civics-driven mission, quality professional development, generous benefits, driven managers.

Cons

Long work hours, benefits favor longevity

Continue reading
    Democracy Prep Public Schools2020-02-06

Discover more reviews about Democracy Prep Public Schools.