Diageo - Excellent place to work with fun culture | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance at times can be hard to achieve" (in 46 reviews)

• "Decision making can be a bit slow, also the ongoing pressure to deliver on quarterly financial performance is always there" (in 52 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Excellent place to work with fun culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Diageo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working here you'll experience a very friendly and engaging bunch of people, who are smart and passionate about their jobs. It's a fun place to work, with brand events happening in the bar and the canteen regularly, and a sociable atmosphere. There is a significant investment in employee wellbeing and technology, and it does truly feel like you are well connected with your global colleagues.

Cons

The London headquarters is quite out of town, so the travel and commute can be an issue for a number of people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Diageo Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Diageo is by far one of the best career moves I have ever done and I would highly encourage any person thinking about joining us to do so - you won't regret it!

Having worked here for 4 years now I have been able to experience a couple of different roles around the business, which is extremely important for me as I'm keen to grow my knowledge and experience throughout various different functions. My team are supportive, caring and will always have my back no matter what, something I have found difficult to find in other organisations.

Other benefits of working for Diageo?

Amazing Office Spaces - during my time here I've been able to visit offices all over the world and trust me you won't find nicer offices! Our global HQ contains a gym, a bar, 6 floors of office spaces, relaxation rooms, faith rooms and more.

Work Life Balance - if work-life balance is something you're after then Diageo is perfect for you! Our flexible hours, dress-code and working from home behaviour benefit not just working parents but everyone.

Development - Diageo have continually coached and developed me to be a better employee, my line-manager couldn't be more supportive of me.

World Class Brands - the Diageo brands were by far the biggest factor encouraging me to work for them. Unlike other companies, Diageo embrace the heritage and legacy of each individual brand. The offices are continually being decorated for new product launches which is always great to see.

There are many other great benefits of Diageo, I could go on forever.

Cons

I personally can't think of any cons, it’s a great company with a diverse range of people all of whom get respected and listened too.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to stop and live Diageo's purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere. It's so easy to get caught up in the day job, so every day stop to think about the amazing difference you're making every single day.

Diageo Response

10 Oct 2018 – Social Media Team

Thank you for the positive review. It's great to hear that you are happy working here and what it means to you in terms of teamwork, work life balance and career development. Kate

2. "Political"

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting sector, some great colleagues and opportunities.

Cons

Many average managers who are poor leaders. A lot of hot air.

Advice to Management

Don't over-promote the average.

Discover more reviews about Diageo.