Dollar Tree - They are about numbers | Glassdoor.co.uk

"They are about numbers"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time

Pros

The store team was great
Great as a part-time worker hours ranged from 4-20 hrs a week depending on hours available

Cons

No ergonomic support - standing at the registers really takes a toll on your body.
Increasing holiday hours. Example 9-9 on 4th of July.

Advice to Management

I understand this company needs to make it's money but please consider that your workers are people with families too.
Also, you might want to look at getting someone to make working stations and the work environment more ergonomic. Even Walmart cashiers get nice rubber mats for their registers. Preventative actions help decrease chronic conditions or at least delay them.
If you take the time to read this, thank you.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very basic company and free reign of your store, plus your monthly bonuses at the end of each month( even better when your in a high volume store) nice people and very flexible with scheduling

Cons

there some what of favoritism and racism in this company, there are more caucasian store managers then minority managers 98%.. if your an existing employee and you want to move up, you must go through the ends of the earth ( round table, phone interview, recruiter, DM approval) just to be even considered for the position and a laughable salary.. mean while they hire external canidates like water and give them the little extra bump up in pay. again, thats if you fit the "profile"

Advice to Management

the DM NEEDS TO BE MORE IN TUNE WITH THERE STAFF AND ASST. MANAGERS.... also stop profiling canidates who are actually up for the challenge and want to move up, this company (even though sucsessful in certain ways) has major issues that will one day hurt them in the long run

"Bad pay and no respect"

Former Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was very easy and was not physically demanding.

Cons

The pay was horrible and most of the hours went to the managers and to the assistant managers. People either quit or got fired a little too often. Almost every time I walk in there, I see someone new. At the Dollar Tree that I worked at, we were never really busy at all so usually at night there is only one cashier and one manger or assistant manger and that is it. Some times when I needed them to answer a question for a customer, they were outside smoking or in the break room where they can't hear the intercom so I was left with no help. You got yelled at if your register was a penny short. There was no respect at all for employees.

Advice to Management

Respect employees. Give better hours. Give better pay.