Duedil - Not good in engineering | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Not good in engineering"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Duedil full-time

Pros

location is good, lots of free food, but again that costs little money, work from home

Cons

Engineering in this company is in the hands of unexperienced people. Bad practices everywhere, poor choices. This is due to many in key positions that have been many years and are hard at changing or simply have no idea of how the job in done elsewhere. Technical direction at C and D levels is also poor and bad choices are taken. People leave and they take with them all knowledge of many custom made hacks that keep... everything running. Company is skint and does not spend much on the employees. They claim a lot of things, like a "generous learning budget", but it is peanuts and only enough to buy a couple of books or do a cheap online course. No bonuses, sometime they give a bonus in the form of an amazon gift card a hug and that's it! You have to be pretending all time enthusiasm in a 10 years old company/startup that always failed to break even and likely will never, if you don't then you're frown at. Stressful, because of poor organisation. Interview is smoke and mirrors, be very suspicious and careful. -- It is not a machine learning job --

Duedil2019-10-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Supportive and ambitious"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Duedil full-time for less than a year

Pros

Before joining DueDil, I had received two job offers - I chose DueDil over the other company because during the interview process I sensed that the people were authentic, down-to-earth and had each other's backs and that's exactly how things have played out. In my own role I can say that the company has given me the opportunity to run with the ball and take on responsibilities outside of my initial remit. In... under a year I've gained a wealth of new experiences and had the opportunity to work with senior management and board members. Benefits are pretty standard, including free lunch on a Friday, Vitality healthcare etc. Six month probation period and three month notice period - but that seems to fairly common these days. Office closes over Christmas which is great, nothing worse than commuting in on the 27th December and being sent home at noon.

Cons

Hours are 9 to 6, but there's some flexibility (you won't have to beg for time off for a dentist appointment like some places). There's been a lot of changes in the company and things are moving fast which creates opportunities, but also raises expectations. Ambitious plans are good, but success always comes down to having the enough time and enough investment.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard to retain the best people (I know it's not easy).

Duedil2019-11-06
  2. "A very special place"

Former Employee - Product in London, England

I worked at Duedil full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Fantastic culture (feels like home/family) + Smart coworkers + Ambitious product + Steady CEO + Trusting senior management + Multiple people choose to come back and stay after career breaks (speaks to culture) + Strong, involved customer base

Cons

- You need to be up for the challenge of scale-up life (resilient) as things change/reshuffle often - Could pay better

Duedil2019-09-19

Discover more reviews about Duedil.