E-Cigarette Direct - Waste of time | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being around vaping products Shop teams are fun Wages are good

Cons

Lone working Don't always get a break which you get deducted for. Focuses on there new wholesale company more than there shops. Treated like school kids by area management Your opinions are worthless to directors. False hopes off progression. Lots of carrot dangling to get you where they want you.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff the way you used do. Don't let area managers treat the staff like school kids. Listen to your staff and not through surveys! Actually come and see us.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-03-12

March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and whilst we’re glad to hear that you think the pay is good and store teams work well together, we are sorry to hear that you feel that you weren’t always listened to. As you know, we encourage feedback in many forms from our quarterly employee forum to surveys and 121s with your line manager. As directors, we visit stores when we can, but sadly we can’t come and see you as often we’d all like. However, we do always aim to be open and approachable and we always like to hear from our colleagues. We do aim to deliver a great experience for all our staff, and if we have missed the mark here, we are sad to hear that. I’m personally disappointed that you didn’t feel able to have a chat to me about any of these issues and perhaps we could have worked things out for the better. Sometimes, however, we’re just not the right fit for someone and the best thing for everyone is to move on. We do wish you the very best in your future career and hope that you find your perfect job.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management Good pay Customer focused

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Seems to be good progression opportunity within the company and always extra hours to be picked up when available. However progression to a greater hours within contract would be great.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-10-04

October 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. As you know we pay all of our colleagues above minimum wage, regardless of age, so we appreciate that you think we pay our colleagues well. At ECD we aim to deliver excellent customer service, which is why our first company value is ‘Exceed customer expectations whatever your role’. Our customers are our business so it is important that we always remain customer focused. It’s great to hear that you think management are supportive and that we have good progression opportunities. Where a vacancy comes up in your area for more hours we would always prefer to give this to an existing colleague rather than recruit someone new so if your looking for more hours make sure you let your manager know! Thank you again for taking the time to review us!

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good work ethics. Good pay and some great benefits. Really great support from head office.

Cons

Lone working as it can get very lonely

Advice to Management

Only to look into how many shift's we are still working alone.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-10-14

October 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you think we pay our colleagues well and that we offer some great benefits. We like to think that the entire company offers good support and the team in HO really are a great bunch! As you know our store teams are small and lone working is unfortunately unavoidable. There are plenty of things we can do to help support you when you are lone working including giving you access to online learning resources. We are also about to introduce an internal instant messaging service so you can stay in touch with colleagues in other stores more easily! Of course you can always give us call in HQ if your feeling lonely, we are always up for a chat :-)

Discover more reviews about E-Cigarette Direct.