Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Relaxed and friendly environment

Jul 2, 2019 - Senior Developer in Swansea, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and welcoming staff who are always willing to help Low-stress environment whilst providing sufficiently stimulating work Great coffee! Flexible working on a given day (start between 8 and 10, finish between 4 and 6) in head office

Cons

Not a full flexi-time setup No option to work from home Could offer more holidays

E-Cigarette Direct Response

Thanks for reviewing us! It’s great to hear that you think we are a friendly, helpful bunch and that you enjoy our taste in coffee! Thanks for letting us know that more flexible working options and an increase in holiday entitlement is something that would make a positive impact. We are constantly reviewing what will make work better for our team and this feedback is really useful. Just FYI, once you have been employed for 2 years you get an extra days holiday ;-)

Other Employee Reviews

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

False Promises

May 28, 2021 - Store Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff discount was generous Holiday and other benefits were above average for a retail role Pay was reasonable

Cons

Far too much lone working. Little consideration given to staff safety or mental health. Poor communication at all levels. You would be told one thing and then suddenly when a rota was produced (typically at very short notice), it would reflect a different message entirely. Whilst covering other stores was voluntary, it was generally expected and not rewarded. An opportunity to see how other stores do things apparently. Tough to do when you are covering an unfamiliar store on your own. Management was far too relaxed to be considered even remotely supportive and hardly ever in store. Offered training and support that would never actually happen.

Continue reading

E-Cigarette Direct Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are greatly disappointed to hear of your frustrations with the company and that you felt you were unsupported and unable to discuss these concerns with us before you left. Our staff are hugely important to us and whilst lone working is part of the contract we offer, where possible we will do our best to ensure that staff have the opportunity to work with others, as we appreciate that lone working can be very difficult for long periods. Working across different 'home' stores within the company is also part of the contracts we offer as this is required to cover holidays and sickness, but this also gives the opportunity for working in stores with other colleagues. Coronavirus has impacted how we plan staffing and staff shortages as a result of sickness and self isolation has meant last minute changes to the rota, which can be difficult to communicate in advance. Social distancing measures have also unfortunately led to an increase in lone working in our smaller stores in order for them to operate safely for our staff and customers. This has also meant that our managers have been unable to visit stores as much as they would have liked. The health and wellbeing of all our staff and customers is paramount. Training is something we are passionate about and we endeavour to deliver training programmes for the continuous development of our employees, one of our company values is “Continually seek improvement”. As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic we have been restricted with the training programmes we would like to have offered, however, we are now delivering a wider variety of training courses remotely. We would really appreciate it if you could contact us to discuss your points further so that we can make improvements where we can. Please reach out to us at hr@ecigarettedirect.co.uk

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Ok but communication needs work

Dec 6, 2019 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues and staff discount are good

Cons

Communication between management and staff isn’t great

E-Cigarette Direct Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Our staff discount is a generous one so its nice that you think it was good. However, we are sorry to hear that you felt our communication wasnt great. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we will use your feedback to try and improve.

Discover more reviews about E-Cigarette Direct.