Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company!

4 Oct 2019 - Customer Advisor in Swansea, Wales, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive management Good pay Customer focused

Cons

None I can think of

E-Cigarette Direct Response

Thank you for your review. As you know we pay all of our colleagues above minimum wage, regardless of age, so we appreciate that you think we pay our colleagues well. At ECD we aim to deliver excellent customer service, which is why our first company value is ‘Exceed customer expectations whatever your role’. Our customers are our business so it is important that we always remain customer focused. It’s great to hear that you think management are supportive and that we have good progression opportunities. Where a vacancy comes up in your area for more hours we would always prefer to give this to an existing colleague rather than recruit someone new so if your looking for more hours make sure you let your manager know! Thank you again for taking the time to review us!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

False Promises

28 May 2021 - Store Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff discount was generous Holiday and other benefits were above average for a retail role Pay was reasonable

Cons

Far too much lone working. Little consideration given to staff safety or mental health. Poor communication at all levels. You would be told one thing and then suddenly when a rota was produced (typically at very short notice), it would reflect a different message entirely. Whilst covering other stores was voluntary, it was generally expected and not rewarded. An opportunity to see how other stores do things apparently. Tough to do when you are covering an unfamiliar store on your own. Management was far too relaxed to be considered even remotely supportive and hardly ever in store. Offered training and support that would never actually happen.

E-Cigarette Direct Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are greatly disappointed to hear of your frustrations with the company and that you felt you were unsupported and unable to discuss these concerns with us before you left. Our staff are hugely important to us and whilst lone working is part of the contract we offer, where possible we will do our best to ensure that staff have the opportunity to work with others, as we appreciate that lone working can be very difficult for long periods. Working across different 'home' stores within the company is also part of the contracts we offer as this is required to cover holidays and sickness, but this also gives the opportunity for working in stores with other colleagues. Coronavirus has impacted how we plan staffing and staff shortages as a result of sickness and self isolation has meant last minute changes to the rota, which can be difficult to communicate in advance. Social distancing measures have also unfortunately led to an increase in lone working in our smaller stores in order for them to operate safely for our staff and customers. This has also meant that our managers have been unable to visit stores as much as they would have liked. The health and wellbeing of all our staff and customers is paramount. Training is something we are passionate about and we endeavour to deliver training programmes for the continuous development of our employees, one of our company values is “Continually seek improvement”. As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic we have been restricted with the training programmes we would like to have offered, however, we are now delivering a wider variety of training courses remotely. We would really appreciate it if you could contact us to discuss your points further so that we can make improvements where we can. Please reach out to us at hr@ecigarettedirect.co.uk

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

What a wonderful place to work!

6 Feb 2019 - Sales Manager in Maidenhead, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for ECD since September 2017 after being with my previous company for 5 years and I can confidently say this is the best company I have ever worked for. They genuinely care about you and your well being, offer great perks and opportunities and most importantly, trust us as employees! They want to help people develop in their role as well as offering support in and out of the workplace. The company have great core values that resonate with me and I feel proud to work for such a brilliant company.

Cons

There aren't many, however lone working in store is the one that springs to mind. This doesn't happen often (mainly covering holiday/days off etc) but it can be a lonely from time to time. Bonus can also be quite hard to achieve if you don't feel everyone in your store is putting in the same effort but area managers are so open and easy to talk to that this could be remedied with a little help from them.

E-Cigarette Direct Response

Thank you for leaving such a heartfelt review, it has really made us smile! We love to hear that you are proud to work for ECD . We understand that lone working can make staff a bit glum and we do try to avoid it wherever possible. But don’t forget you can drop us a line or call head office if you're feeling lonely, we love a chat! We are sorry hear that you feel that sometimes store bonus is hard to achieve. We encourage you to speak to your Area Manager to discuss your concerns, and please let them know if you have any suggestions. Staff happiness is paramount to us, so if you need anything you know where we are :)

Discover more reviews about E-Cigarette Direct.