"No Hike, No future, No Vision"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It used to be an awesome company but all is lost now, previously anything was possible in a good way now it's only in bad ways.

Cons

The managment changes every year exactly when hike is due and they do restructure. After that all they throw peanuts based on some evalution which is fake promises and stupid politics. - No hike to ppl (as msg that we don't need you) - technical lead are asked to do more firing and political stuff than Technical thing - technical skill measured by non technical ppl - stupidity in the name of scrum and agile. Zurich is the ultimate power who take decisions that are meaningless in every way, and end up blaming developers for their down fall. EF claims to be an open door company, in reality they are not professional and immature ppl. Teams and people get affected cause of management politics and wrong decsions. last year the management came promising that everything will change, alot of meaningless changes happened and made things worse.

Continue reading

EF Education First Response

March 2, 2019Senior Director of People Operations

Thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry that your experience has been negative. We have clearly been unsuccessful in communicating what we are trying to achieve with these big changes that we are going through, but we are truly trying to create a significant improvement in the Bangalore office, with more motivated staff who take pride in who we are and what we deliver. Our ambition with these ongoing changes is to create more local and technical management and better people and talent processes that focus on setting clear and balanced performance and development expectations, with compensation transparently linked to them. We’ve already seen a lot of improvements, and appreciate your feedback as we continue to work to improve. If you want to share more or discuss anything about your experience, please contact Monika (H&R) or Livio (SW lab) in Zurich. - Mike Kaufman, Sr. Director of People Operations

1. "Fun"

5.0
    Former Intern - Activities Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at EF Education First

Pros

Lead fun activities throughout Boston

Cons

Unorthodox work hours (weekends, night shifts)

2. "Great culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Matching Specialist

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company Culture, Insurance and benefits, company wide communication

Cons

Salary, growth opportunities, customer service policies

EF Education First Response

August 13, 2020

So glad to hear you are enjoying the culture and company benefits - our people are most certainly our best asset, and work/life balance is very important to our culture.

Discover more reviews about EF Education First.