EF Education First - Just getting started | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Just getting started"

Current Employee - Online ESL Teacher

I have been working at EF Education First part-time for less than a year

Pros

The fact that they are based in the UK is amazing as there is no messing around with self-assessment and you can just crack on with things. They also offer a pension scheme.

Cons

Wage is only slightly above the national minimum and extremely low compared to what I can earn as a day-to-day teacher in physical settings.

Advice to Management

Consider further performance related bonuses/higher initial wage for teachers with proven years of experience.

EF Education First2019-04-19
    1. "The people and products are amazing!"

Current Employee - Regional Placement Manager for High School Exchange Year in Denver, CO

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at EF is open minded, welcoming, and knows how to foster work-life balance. Even in the most stressful times, I feel like I am part of a supportive team. It may be a corporation but it is run like a small business in many ways and I love it.

Cons

A lot of sales roles so can be hard to find your fit if you're not a salesy person. A bit of stress but as I said above, the team makes it easier to handle.

EF Education First2019-06-17

EF Education First Response

June 19, 2019Senior Director of People Operations

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy -- and not surprised -- to hear you're surrounded by terrific, supportive colleagues. Keep up the good work! -- Mike Kaufman, Sr. Director of People Operations

2. "It was a learning experience"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EF Education First

Pros

The facility I worked at my coworkers were cool.

Cons

The facility I was at was in pretty bad shape.

EF Education First2019-06-21

Discover more reviews about EF Education First.