EF English First - Good Training, Low Salary & Inexperienced Management | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Good Training, Low Salary & Inexperienced Management"

Current Employee - Director of Studies in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Plenty of learning opportunities for motivated staff, although you have to seek these out. Good for meeting like-minded people living abroad.

Cons

Salary is very poor in comparison to competitors', and they mis-represent this on job adverts. Teachers who don't pass probation are expected to pay for their own flights home, after putting a non-refundable deposit down on an apartment.

Advice to Management

Treat teachers fairly and with respect. Pay on a similar level to your competitors so teacher retention isn't as high. Don't take away all decision-making ability for teachers in the classroom.

EF English First2017-03-08

"Meh..."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Great experience within the country

Cons

The pay is very low

EF English First2019-07-09

"Unresponsive Management Team, Lack of Communication, Little to No follow up"

Former Contractor - Instructor

I worked at EF English First for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with the students and parents through the EF kids platform.

Cons

After joining the platform in Sept, there is little to no training or follow up from managers as they stated would occur. There is no flexibility surrounding technical issues or assistance. Management will not respond to emails or phone calls, no point in leaving a message. Very slow turn around time to open tickets. Unfair treatment of employees no time to appeal concerns or issues. Since I have been in employed... with them tickets generally take 5-7 days to get a response, now that I have been termed tickets were immediately closed.

Advice to Management

Communicate with new staff Return emails and voice messages Have a tenured person walk through the system with new hires Understand technical difficulties could be the EF platform as well Treat employees as a valued member Have flexibility around classroom options

EF English First2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about EF English First.