EFI - Good Company | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Good Company"

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and a fun culture

Cons

Can be very focused in certain areas of the business while neglecting others

EFI2018-09-20

EFI Response

September 27, 2018Manager Talent Acquisition Americas

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review of EFI. We agree that we have GREAT people! We have also shared your note about focusing on certain areas of business and neglecting others with our leadership team Again, thanks for your review!

1. "Portfolio company focused on Print and Packaging"

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Dronfield, England

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has a very coherent strategy to be the one stop shop supplier to customers in their target market, offering hardware, consumables as well as all manner of niche software. Well on their way to dominating their market in the geographies they are interested in....

Cons

As with a lot of US companies I feel that EFI has struggled to make significant progress outside its US heartlands. There have been several acquisitions of 'overseas' software providers that serve the same or adjacent markets but the management focus was very much stuck on winning the remaining parts of the US market, a strategy that was getting past the point of diminishing returns in opinion.

Advice to Management

Getting serious about opportunities outside of the US would unlock a huge amount of potential for EFI.

EFI2017-08-13

"Low job security"

I have been working at EFI full-time

Pros

Flexible working, work from home, good benefits, good colleagues. Opportunities to travel.

Cons

Based in the main UK office, job security is very poor. Staff is overworked due to bad (non-existent) management. Staff is made redundant or encouraged to retire early. Career progression is almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Invest in all your employees not just those in India

EFI2017-06-21

Discover more reviews about EFI.