Edelman - Sr VP | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Sr VP"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Edelman is a great company and the independence of the larger agency makes for an always innovating, best practices culture. The opportunities globally with the company are fantastic and the thought leadership is best in class. A great place to learn.

Cons

The Vancouver office has some legacy leadership issues based on politics, not merit. There are a few old cronies who were a part of the Edelman acquisition of the local office who need to be let go because they are not on top of where communications is today, nor are they good with change.

Advice to Management

Management needs to practice what they preach and eliminate double standards which seems to be improving with the very recent departure of some older, legacy senior leadership.

Edelman2016-08-19
  1. "I can see myself staying here a while"

Current Employee - AAE in London, England

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is an incredibly friendly place, full of enthusiastic and approachable people. On the whole, stuff just gets done - I couldn't pinpoint anybody I've worked with who I think was only half-assing it. Any times I've had a problem (personal or professional) I've been met with supportive line management. I feel like when I ask to try something new, I'm taken seriously and given the chance to improve my skills.

Cons

Your hours vary enormously by team, some teams are really good for making sure you're not always staying late, others regularly stay late and consider it 'the norm'. Right now, I have very few complaints about my job, but I'm given the impression that the higher up you are, the more the cracks start to show, so it's easy for me to be overwhelmingly positive. However, because of occasional negativity from mid-level...

Edelman2019-07-10

"Avoid Edelman London"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of my colleagues were very smart so you could learn a lot

Cons

Toxic culture created by management who rewarded people who were incompetent but best at playing the game

Advice to Management

Look after the people who do the real work and are the reason the clients stayed

Edelman2019-06-30

Discover more reviews about Edelman.