Edelman - You learn a lot but you need to work hard | Glassdoor.co.uk

"You learn a lot but you need to work hard"

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You learn a lot fast as you are given opportunities here to work on big campaigns and across a range of disciplines. Your peers and team will largely be fantastic and become a family.

Cons

Bad work life balance and if you’re on the Brand team you will frequently be under resourced. There are a few people that are rude and too old school but there aren’t many left.

Advice to Management

Stop putting money and financial targets before staff wellbeing.

Edelman2018-07-01
  1. "I can see myself staying here a while"

Current Employee - AAE in London, England

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is an incredibly friendly place, full of enthusiastic and approachable people. On the whole, stuff just gets done - I couldn't pinpoint anybody I've worked with who I think was only half-assing it. Any times I've had a problem (personal or professional) I've been met with supportive line management. I feel like when I ask to try something new, I'm taken seriously and given the chance to improve my skills.

Cons

Your hours vary enormously by team, some teams are really good for making sure you're not always staying late, others regularly stay late and consider it 'the norm'. Right now, I have very few complaints about my job, but I'm given the impression that the higher up you are, the more the cracks start to show, so it's easy for me to be overwhelmingly positive. However, because of occasional negativity from mid-level...

Edelman2019-07-10
  2. "Avoid the toxicity, elitism and privilege."

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, big reputation clients, cross collaboration with other teams, cafe.

Cons

Line management is the worst i've experienced in an agency. Lying culture to team from management. Bullying from senior staff is encouraged by other senior staff. Lack of diversity, very whitewashed.

Advice to Management

Train line management so they are at least adequate at their job.

Edelman2019-07-17

Discover more reviews about Edelman.