Edelman - Edelman Healthcare | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Edelman Healthcare"

Former Employee - Account Director in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Huge international network and great experts from around world, big corporate clients and interesting work and some talented people

Cons

User unfriendly financial systems and very long hours for fairly average pay; no clear progression path in my speciality; heavy HR demands (loads of onerous '360 degree' team reviews) demands and lack of flexibility from HR department on changing status of my contract.

Advice to Management

Cut down work and hours pressure on junior staff to work long hours; be more flexible on contracts and time out options

Edelman2018-10-04
  1. "I can see myself staying here a while"

Current Employee - AAE in London, England

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is an incredibly friendly place, full of enthusiastic and approachable people. On the whole, stuff just gets done - I couldn't pinpoint anybody I've worked with who I think was only half-assing it. Any times I've had a problem (personal or professional) I've been met with supportive line management. I feel like when I ask to try something new, I'm taken seriously and given the chance to improve my skills.

Cons

Your hours vary enormously by team, some teams are really good for making sure you're not always staying late, others regularly stay late and consider it 'the norm'. Right now, I have very few complaints about my job, but I'm given the impression that the higher up you are, the more the cracks start to show, so it's easy for me to be overwhelmingly positive. However, because of occasional negativity from mid-level...

Edelman2019-07-10
  2. "Avoid the toxicity, elitism and privilege."

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, big reputation clients, cross collaboration with other teams, cafe.

Cons

Line management is the worst i've experienced in an agency. Lying culture to team from management. Bullying from senior staff is encouraged by other senior staff. Lack of diversity, very whitewashed.

Advice to Management

Train line management so they are at least adequate at their job.

Edelman2019-07-17

Discover more reviews about Edelman.