Edelman - Rollercoaster | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Rollercoaster"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at this company is a fantastic way to build relationships, get face to face experience with clients and be surrounded by people with a range of skills, background and interests.

Cons

Unfortunately, Edelman UK has a massive issue with cliques within teams, this is bad for morale and I never saw management try to discurrage this behaviour. Teams are rather hierarchical, although Edelman does try to actively discourage this, however, it has been largely unsuccessful.

Edelman2018-11-20
  1. "I can see myself staying here a while"

Current Employee - AAE in London, England

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is an incredibly friendly place, full of enthusiastic and approachable people. On the whole, stuff just gets done - I couldn't pinpoint anybody I've worked with who I think was only half-assing it. Any times I've had a problem (personal or professional) I've been met with supportive line management. I feel like when I ask to try something new, I'm taken seriously and given the chance to improve my skills.

Cons

Your hours vary enormously by team, some teams are really good for making sure you're not always staying late, others regularly stay late and consider it 'the norm'. Right now, I have very few complaints about my job, but I'm given the impression that the higher up you are, the more the cracks start to show, so it's easy for me to be overwhelmingly positive. However, because of occasional negativity from mid-level...

Edelman2019-07-10

"Avoid Edelman London"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of my colleagues were very smart so you could learn a lot

Cons

Toxic culture created by management who rewarded people who were incompetent but best at playing the game

Advice to Management

Look after the people who do the real work and are the reason the clients stayed

Edelman2019-06-30

Discover more reviews about Edelman.