Edelman - Selfish leadership. Focused on making bonuses rather than doing good work. A high school culture. | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Selfish leadership. Focused on making bonuses rather than doing good work. A high school culture."

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great client brands and no push back on expense reports.

Cons

Mean people culture. Watch your back.

Advice to Management

Care more about the people than the money going to NY.

Edelman2019-02-07

Edelman Response

March 11, 2019Edelman

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry your experience included these negative elements. Please reach out to me if you'd like to expand on your review and provide any specifics. I'm at maria.okeeffe@edelman.com. Maria O'Keeffe, Executive Director US HR

1. "I can see myself staying here a while"

Current Employee - AAE in London, England

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is an incredibly friendly place, full of enthusiastic and approachable people. On the whole, stuff just gets done - I couldn't pinpoint anybody I've worked with who I think was only half-assing it. Any times I've had a problem (personal or professional) I've been met with supportive line management. I feel like when I ask to try something new, I'm taken seriously and given the chance to improve my skills.

Cons

Your hours vary enormously by team, some teams are really good for making sure you're not always staying late, others regularly stay late and consider it 'the norm'. Right now, I have very few complaints about my job, but I'm given the impression that the higher up you are, the more the cracks start to show, so it's easy for me to be overwhelmingly positive. However, because of occasional negativity from mid-level...

Edelman2019-07-10
  2. "Avoid the toxicity, elitism and privilege."

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, big reputation clients, cross collaboration with other teams, cafe.

Cons

Line management is the worst i've experienced in an agency. Lying culture to team from management. Bullying from senior staff is encouraged by other senior staff. Lack of diversity, very whitewashed.

Advice to Management

Train line management so they are at least adequate at their job.

Edelman2019-07-17

Discover more reviews about Edelman.