Environmental Defense - Great work environment with young, motivated staff. | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Defense

"Great work environment with young, motivated staff."

Former Intern - Intern
Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Environmental Defense as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Annual retreat for full-time employees, offices located in many big cities, strong advocacy in the cities where their offices are based.

Cons

Growing pains in their expanding projects can lead to staff members that are spread too thin.

Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Defense

1. "Great place to intern!"

Former Intern - Legal Intern in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Intern - Legal Intern in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Environmental Defense as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people, easy going atmosphere, many opportunities to learn about many different areas of environmental protection and preservation, incredibly knowledgeable staff, nice area, all day free water and coffee, very flexible schedule.

Cons

Tasks for interns should be more well planned. I sometimes felt like my supervisors we're struggling to find meaningful work for me to do. However, this may not be the same for all supervisors. Computers are ancient, don't have much space, and can be very slow.

"Passionate pragmatists"

Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Environmental Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great org to work for if you care about pragmatic solutions to environmental problems. Middle management is generally great in my experience, caring about their employees and generally seeking to encourage professional growth.

Cons

Upper management is a little detached, and often times the pressure to fund raise overtakes other work priorities. While personal and professional growth is encouraged there are limits and promoting from within seems rare.