Equal Experts - Great network of contractors. Not such a good place for employees. | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Great network of contractors. Not such a good place for employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The standard of hiring is really strong. They look for technically strong individuals with good work ethic and the right personality to work in a software development consultancy. - Because the vast majority of folks are contractors, the turnover is healthy. The teams scale up quickly and if someone doesn't work out, they leave at short notice. - The events are very good and well attended.

Cons

- The focus is on hiring people who are already experienced at what they do. Those contractors are not looking for any career progression, they generate the fees and so the employees are left behind. As an employee, more loyalty is expected but not much thought has been put into developing employees. - Oftentimes, associates (contractors) on-site will get opportunities to change their roles and increase their responsibility...

Advice to Management

Are you bringing everyone to the table? Or just the chosen few?

Equal Experts2018-07-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Expert

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice office, good location near train station

Cons

none that I noticed when i work there

Equal Experts2019-05-16
    • "An amazing place to deliver value"

Current Employee - Developer in Cape Town

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is focused on delivering value to customers and we use our values, not some old hierarchy to make decisions. The company deeply cares about being transparent and trusting the people that work there.

Cons

It is consulting, customers wouldn't bring us in if they could do it themselves so we get exposed to the bad culture and politics at the customers.

Equal Experts2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about Equal Experts.