Financial Ombudsman Service - Adjudicator Contract Role | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Adjudicator Contract Role"

Former Employee - Adjudicator in London, England

I worked at Financial Ombudsman Service for less than a year

Pros

Good facilities in the main building and cheap lunch.

Cons

Treated harshly occasionally and not made to feel particularly adult.

Financial Ombudsman Service2019-03-28

"Adjudicator"

Current Employee - Adjudicator in Coventry, England

I have been working at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment to work in.

Cons

I recommend a bit more training than the two weeks class room training provided.

Financial Ombudsman Service2019-04-25

"Time for the Phoenix to combust...."

Current Employee - Ombudsman Manager

I have been working at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time

Pros

There are a huge amount of positive things about working at FOS. I've chosen to stay for the culture; the people; the variety of work; the job satisfaction; the challenges; the work/life balance, and so on. But my review today is with the sole purpose of highlighting one huge con.

Cons

Phoenix. Phoenix, the new operating system that has been years in the making, is simply ruining any enjoyment anyone (who works live cases) had for their job. It was delayed repeatedly because it wasn't fit for purpose. And I just don't think it's fit for purpose now. Taking aside those that have been tasked with Phoenix propaganda, you'd be hard pushed to find someone who thinks their working life has been improved...

Advice to Management

Just in case it wasn't clear from what I've said above, bring back Clipper. It wasn't perfect but we all found our own ways to use it. Don't take my word for it.. put it to a vote.

Financial Ombudsman Service2019-08-04

Discover more reviews about Financial Ombudsman Service.