First Central - Passionate people leaders and FUN central | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Passionate people leaders and FUN central"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Haywards Heath, England

I have been working at First Central part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've worked at the company for 9 years within various departments coming from a shop based sales role ,I quickly was taught about insurance from a professional,engaging learning team ! After three years in the business I wanted to try something new and was encouraged and supported by management - I took a role in HR with no experience! Was totally supported with various exams and on the job training from experienced... HR professionals ! My department are like my family and this is the general feel across the business ! We have Fun and passionate events planners who arrange a range of team building events outside and Inside of work which also raises large amounts of money for local charity ! I'm a part time employee now and the company completely supports me with my recent new job as a Mum! We currently have some new leaders on the senior leadership team who have brought a wealth of knowledge to 1st central so very exciting times !!

Cons

Would be great to have a onsite baby creche

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing always remember the people !

First Central2019-10-07

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Haywards Heath, England

I worked at First Central part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefit package Great team work

Cons

Quick growing company and systems and processes not geared up to deal with growth.

First Central2019-11-16
  2. "Needs stability and a clear vision"

I worked at First Central full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has a committee that organises social activities but feels a bit forced (sorry) Some good employee perks (medical / some flexi working / birthday off)

Cons

Changes senior leadership very regularly Gone through some big redundancy programmes and cutting back in areas which most forward thinking companies are investing in No real long term strategy (probably because they change leaders so regularly) Not very innovative although they talk about it a lot Don't do agile / incremental change so be patient No real career progression

Advice to Management

Recruit your senior team more carefully so that you can settle on a strategy and have a chance of delivering it before making complete u-turns. Create a culture for your staff where they can deliver on your values. You use buzzwords like innovate, empowerment etc but think about how you truly allow that to happen.

First Central2019-11-05

Discover more reviews about First Central.