First Utility - First Utility Awesome Atmosphere | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"First Utility Awesome Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Customer Service Adviser - Retentions/Imbound in Coventry, England

I have been working at First Utility full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

amazing training system and support, awesome vibe and atmosphere - i love how open, bright and positive the environment is here at First Utility Coventry and how you can express yourself as an individual here.

Cons

no downsides to the business at the moment, i have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far - i have been here 4 weeks (still in training) and i have been made to feel very welcome, supported and positive about coming to work here everyday!

Advice to Management

To ensure there are enough training facilities in academy available for every training group when they are moving to academy!

25 Jun 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your positive feedback! The welcome you receive and the training as you settle in are really important, so I'm really pleased to hear that you've found it to be such an awesome... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Culture, friends, mentors and more"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Coventry, England

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in development has always been - for me - a struggle to work in a place where the team work together, teach and learn from each other and with no elitism.

Culture

You are constantly encouraged to better yourself as an engineer from your team mates, leads, principles and above. Since being here my skill's have improved further as well as my knowledge and as a person. With the introduction of internal user groups for certain tech and presentations you can watch or give, the culture is a breath of fresh air.

Team mates

There is a lot of knowledge which is shared without any issues. Everyone is there to help whenever they can, from software engineers and up.

Tools

The world of web development is a fast paced and constantly changing, given the chance to explore with research days allows your knowledge to grow and the products we write then benefit. Our tool set is constantly growing.

Cons

Only one I can think of is to have a better pension contribution, but that is clutching at straws!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and culture you provide to allow me/us to enjoy work so much!

25 Jun 2018 – Head of Talent

Thanks very much for your positive review! The collaboration and innovation in our tech teams is something we are proud of. Fostering that culture helps everyone to feel comfortable in sharing new... More

2. "The Life At First Utility"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Advisor Home Movers in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Advisor Home Movers in Coventry, England

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great atmosphere
    - Friendly, approachable working environment
    - So much opportunity to develop and gain experience in multiple areas whether that be Sales, Customer Service, Billing, Test Analysis, Business Analysis, Product. Myself personally receive so much opportunity to develop my skills purely from showing willingness to learn and the capability of the ability I possess.
    - Great Channel Manager and Team Manager support
    - Great to build communication and networking skills.
    - Overall a fab company to work for.

Cons

- Staff tariff could still do with some improvements.
    - Whilst opportunity comes in great amounts. Interview prep is not. Helping individuals face the interview environment would be a great help. I have a an extensive PDP but due to having OCD, fail at the interview stage due to not being able to articulate myself in the false environment.

Advice to Management

Keep excelling and improving. I've seen great work and development in the three years I've worked here.

12 Apr 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for sharing your comment with us, I really appreciate it. We want everyone to succeed at First Utility and have a really wide range and growing number of opportunities to offer. I am sure... More

Discover more reviews about First Utility.