Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Shocking experience working for DW Fitness!

Aug 5, 2016 - Front of House Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

20% off in store, free use of the gym

Cons

Where do I begin.... During my interiew I told my manager that I would need a day off for a hospital appointment. He told me that it wouldn't be a problem, I was then offered the job later that day..happy days! When we got the rota for that week, I had been put down to work the day that I needed to be off! So i asked the manager multiple times and told him that I needed this day off. He told me to ask around the reception team to see if I could swap my shift with anyone, no one was able to work it so I told the manager and still nothing had been done!! It was the day before so I just said that I won't be coming in tomorrow and they were really funny about it and didn't seem very happy. It's not like I hadn't given them notice!!! You have to scan your fingerprint in at the start and end of each shift to make sure you get paid... well not one person had bothered to even tell me this UNTIL MY 5th SHIFT THERE! So I had lost out on about £180 already!! I told management and they said that there's nothing they could do and that i'll 'have to remember to scan in next time'. Another problem I had was that they only gave me one shirt and i was working about 45 hours each week. They had apparently ordered me in some more but shock.......they never arrived! Just another problem was the fact that I was the only person that worked on reception who COULDN'T DRIVE, yet they still put me in for a 6am start roughly 4 days a week!!! And just to top everything off, I have only been paid less than half of what I am owed and they don't even have a number for payroll........you have to emai them directly from the club!!! I was only there for 1 month and left on pay day. but I can hands down say it was the most miserable month EVER and I would never advise anyone to work there!!

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 2.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-former, more than 5 years

Don’t Give Enough Business Training

Oct 23, 2021 - Personal Trainer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work in an environment that you enjoy.

Cons

Don’t give enough business training so you can make a success and lots of money.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Front of House receptionist

Oct 3, 2021 - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast track employment, free training on premises, good training.

Cons

Low salary, lack of support for staff, no incentives, no pay increases, not enough staff on daily basis, no substantial security for staff.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Fitness First UK.