FlexMR - Without a doubt, FlexMR are the best company you could ever work for! | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Without a doubt, FlexMR are the best company you could ever work for!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Milnthorpe, England

I worked at FlexMR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working as a part of a remote development team, our once monthly visits to the office were always great. We were always made to feel very welcome by the rest of the team, especially as there were always biscuits, which as any developer will tell you is a great way to keep us sweet, pun intended. On a more serious note, the entire management structure is fantastic and you could not ask to work for nicer people,... who really care about their staff. They certainly work and play hard and have a personality! Not something you often find in senior management. Our development line manager is a top guy. He's very knowledgeable and always had time for his team. Staff days out, almost, became a monthly occurrence during my time there, which is tantamount to how much appreciation management put into the effort by the wider team. Their successes were certainly valued and rewarded, unlike anywhere I've ever worked. It was obvious that careful consideration had been given to their choice of employees. All the teams are full of great people and being part of such a great development team was fantastic. It so rare to work somewhere where no one has an ego, which a lot of developers seem to think makes them better. You could not work with a better team. The management also have a lot of team meetings, which I always found very useful, it helped to keep everyone focused on company goals and helped to foster a great team spirit.

Cons

As people have mentioned, the parking could sometimes be an issue. Also it would get very hot upstairs on our monthly visits, that said, management did try to help with that by providing fans for us.

Advice to Management

Don't change, you were great to work for.

FlexMR2019-09-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best team I ever had the pleasure to work with"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sandside, England

I have been working at FlexMR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Code quality is a real concern, and support is provided to put developers in the best position to achieve it. Very supportive team, fun to work with. Developers are encouraged to experiment and incorporate latest technologies. Developer team is distributed so you will be working from home with flexible hours.

Cons

Platform is a large monolith with some technical debt, can be challenging to work with.

FlexMR2019-08-22

"Great Technology Company"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Arnside, England

I have been working at FlexMR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've over 10 years of industry experience in 5 different technology companies and FlexMR is hands down the best I've worked at. The work is interesting, there's a lot of autonomy and you get to work with great people. While the main platform is over 10 years old now a lot of effort has continuously gone into it to ensure it's kept up to date and that new technologies and ideas are adopted where appropriate.... It's also refreshing to work for a tech company that has a healthy gender balance where sexism and inappropriate comments simply don't exist.

Cons

It's telling that the only real con I can think of is that there's less on-site parking than there are people with cars at the office, so you need to park up the road beside a working quarry. However, as a remote worker this only affects me when I visit the office once a month.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

FlexMR2019-07-18

Discover more reviews about FlexMR.