1. COVID-19

"Good company to work for"

5.0
    Former Employee - International Travel Consultant in London, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Support for new staff, achievable commission

Cons

Industry took a hard hit due to covid

1. "Work Environment"

5.0
    Former Employee - GPN

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Great Company with many opportunities

Cons

Covid cost many people to lose their jobs

2. "Your team is everything"

4.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Team Leader in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of pros. There is a lot of independence with the role of consultant or team leader, you operate your portfolio like a small private business, which I found empowering. Trainings and webinars keep you in-the-know and whole departments exist to keep help you keep improving and hit your goals. Buzz Nights and National Balls let you kick back and hang out with the only people in the world who truly understand what your day to day is like! I was lucky to be a part of an awesome team and we gelled really well, handles any issues amongst ourselves and had each other's back through clients being wildly difficult. I loved this job!

Cons

Just as your team can make your job awesome, a bad Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader can make your days awful. I started out as a consultant under a particularly egregious Team Leader, didn't really feel like he was invested in the individual success on his team. The base pay for consultants isn't really livable, so a lot depends on your clients and a lot about your client allocation depends on timing with BDMs. Upper management/CRMs are removed from the day-to-day experience so sometimes their rules or way of doing things seemed counter-intuitive.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Flight Centre Travel Group.