Frankie & Benny's - I began as a waitress and I was eventually promoted into part of the on-site management team | Glassdoor.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Frankie & Benny's

"I began as a waitress and I was eventually promoted into part of the on-site management team"

Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England
Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard workers were often recognised and responsibilities were increased as a result
Good relationship with other staff members - the stress of being part of such a busy site was decreased by the fact that you did feel very much a part of a team

Cons

As is the case with most restaurants, shifts were extremely long with short breaks
Strong focus on upselling - often so much so that customer care is ignored
Leadership was often lacking - I was of the opinion that my promotion was only due to the fact that our individual store was running low on attentive supervisory staff members.

Other Employee Reviews for Frankie & Benny's

1. "not worth working for this company"

Current Employee - Waiter in Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Waiter in Leicester, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good tips , pansion contribution ,

Cons

Min wage , long hours , whatever you do is never enough .

Advice to Management

Do not say only bad things, evaluate and good customer reviews

2. "Decade working for this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company rewards those who come to work and give great service. I have had great rewards working for frankie and Bennys

Cons

Double shifts because 18-20 year olds can't handle a hang over or still get mum and dad to pay for them. Kitchen under portioning food.

Advice to Management

Don't hide in the office. Nearly all great managers are the ones who started from the bottom and worked there way up to management.

Don't allow staff to control the work space. You are in charge prove to them you know everything and then coach them to work to the five star service and the ten rules of hospitality.

Customers recognise which staff care that there spending lots of money and which staff just care about there hourly rate.

Never allow your kitchen staff to under portion. If you think it looks small IT IS! customers pay for meals! Not a tesco meal deal!