Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer - Overall a great company to work for | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Overall a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Manchester, England

I have been working at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly supportive colleagues Big emphasis on equal opportunities with initiatives such as Halo, Black Affinity Network, EDGE for gender equality. There is also a massive focus on mental health in the workplace with mental first aiders based on each floor. Yearly bonus - and good benefits Overall a great place to work for.

Cons

Not enough team socials Some senior roles not qualified enough for the role. Management is too top heavy

Continue reading
    Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer2019-09-01
  1. "Shadowing Scheme"

Former Employee - Shadowing Scheme
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Interning at Freshfields at a very early stage of my legal career was truly an all-inclusive experience. Work-wise, I got the opportunity to get involved in several technical tasks within a wide range of case situations. I was sat with the Corporate Teeam. I was excited to get involved in the team's efforts, even if my contribution was, needless to say, of minor importance. I got acquainted with several high-profile and inspiring individuals, got to attend conference calls and get insights on cases which the firm handles. All employees were friendly, and got some useful guidance by having lunch with trainees who had just been in my place.

Cons

The only downside I could think of would be that, despite being allocated work tasks, these were of a minor nature and did not have the opportunity to do any drafting of documents. I only handled research-based and proofreading assignments.

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer2019-10-06
  2. "It is what you make it."

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer full-time

Pros

Work kept me busy so days flew by.

Cons

Lots of turnover so work/life balance suffered a lot

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer2019-12-18

Discover more reviews about Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.