G-Research - Probably the best company I'll ever find | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Probably the best company I'll ever find"

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Incredible compensation. - Everyone here are really smart. - People get their responsibilities right. You literally never have to spend time fixing other people's stuff. You will almost never feel like you could do it better, no matter how smart you are. I've never seen any other workplace in the IT industry where this was true, and I've had a few jobs before this. - Very relaxed work environment. The work... hours are great. No unneccesary pressure for management / clients. - Well equiped office, free soft driks and fruits. - Friendly, soical, trusting company culture, lots of great events. - Great tech solutions for most of the problems. Quite nice attitude about the stuff that could be better, and very hard drive to improve them. - Literally everything about the company makes you feel highly valued, and that you are important here. - A lot of opportunities to learn from others. No matter how smart you are or what your background is, you will feel intellectually stimulated. - Very fast release cycles compared to industry average. - Great management. They really know what they are doing, make great decisions on average, have an really nice attitude about the leadership, they are great at involving the team and handling responsibilities well.

Cons

- Strong focus on security could be a problem for some (I don't mind) - Work from home is not permitted (I don't mind) - Seeing how smart your collagues are, and how much they know that you don't could be a hit to your self-esteem.

G-Research2018-10-14

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Everything I wanted from an internship"

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in London, England

I worked at G-Research for less than a year

Pros

- I was amazed by how well everyone knew their stuff in this company - Very friendly and relaxed office atmosphere, lots of snacks - I was given a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of support - My project was actually something useful, that will live on - Amazing socials, interns were included in everything - Managers, Recruitment and HR take good care of interns

Cons

- Security is very much on the heavy side - Too many systems still rely on Windows, including workstations - There's some noticeable tech debt However, all three points are acknowledged by management and actively worked on.

Advice to Management

Continue working on fixing the problems, otherwise keep up the good work!

G-Research2019-10-09

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Talented and intelligent colleagues working towards common goals. - Strong belief that ideas can come from anywhere. - Competitive total rewards packages. - Great socials (including company-paid weekends away) - Central London office locations- it's also an advantage to have everyone based in London as you can easily catch people face-to-face rather than having to rely on calls & emails.

Cons

Previously security measures did sometimes get in the way of processes but, the company is really working to improve this and the positive effects are already coming through.

G-Research2019-09-09

Discover more reviews about G-Research.