G-Research - World-class company, world-class people | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "World-class company, world-class people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at G-Research has been like a breath of fresh air. You are surrounded by ambitious, driven and talented colleagues (some of whom are genuinely world-class experts in their field), which are contagious traits that drive you to improve. More than this, you have the resources and backing to exceed your goals and have a real impact on the company. The salaries and benefits are excellent, there are ample... development opportunities, and the scope of extracurricular activities (including the legendary company weekends away to Europe) is the envy of all my friends. Love my job!

Cons

Historically, I understand there have been some blockers related to security. These are barely noticeable now, continues to improve, and is heavily outweighed by all the other positives. Work from homes opportunities have been limited but, again, are starting to increase.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, keep listening to employees, and keep taking proactive steps to progress the company – and G-Research will continue to be a great employer.

G-Research2019-08-08

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Software Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in London, England

I worked at G-Research for less than a year

Pros

Working environment is relaxed and friendly; hours are flexible with people often leaving the office during the day to eat out or go to the gym. There's ps4's in the cafes, free soft drinks, fruit, towels. Its incredibly comfortable. My colleagues were all very smart and always willing to teach me. There is a strong pub and cake culture - though no one is forced to drink. Lots of great socials; summer ball,... weekend away and a bunch of intern events. Some interns got their own standalone projects, whereas others joined the sprint board and worked on normal tickets - depends on the sensitivity of the team's codebase. Your opinion is heard as an intern and I was able to contribute to design discussion, and support clients directly.

Cons

Though security is definitely relaxing, in particular for engineering-only offices, it is still tighter than other companies -e.g. no work from home.

Advice to Management

The company is large enough such that people don't fully know what other teams do. Get teams to each prepare a 30/60 min talk overviewing the team and what they do. Only takes one person to deliver and can be done once a month- new starters are signed up automatically and anyone else can attend voluntarily. This would break down the language barrier and let people get to know each other too. Though there were... intern socials, I felt we were all quite segregated between offices. Also lots of the other interns were *very* quiet and organising social events wasn't easy.

G-Research2019-11-09
  2. "Everything I wanted from an internship"

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in London, England

I worked at G-Research for less than a year

Pros

- I was amazed by how well everyone knew their stuff in this company - Very friendly and relaxed office atmosphere, lots of snacks - I was given a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of support - My project was actually something useful, that will live on - Amazing socials, interns were included in everything - Managers, Recruitment and HR take good care of interns

Cons

- Security is very much on the heavy side - Too many systems still rely on Windows, including workstations - There's some noticeable tech debt However, all three points are acknowledged by management and actively worked on.

Advice to Management

Continue working on fixing the problems, otherwise keep up the good work!

G-Research2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about G-Research.