GSM London - Inconsistent approaches | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Inconsistent approaches"

Current Employee - HCA

I have been working at GSM London part-time

Pros

New library staff mostly helpful only one young woman I found to be hostile to a male student. My time is soon to end some lecturers were talented alround and passionate about subject. Others laizzez faire, late, difficult to hear, undisciplinary where needed, or tedious to listen too.

Cons

My most upsetting time was upon submission of my dissertation. My assigned person tutor change 3 times not enough tuition time. My first time to attempt a dissertation my lecture was fast moving and complexed. Other help was limited. I requested a weeks extention. I was scored a 0 based on poor response, communication between departments, blatant oversights. It went to the panel 3 times they try to say I did not submit the paper copy on time, no matter what I said was disregarded. There was always a week extention for first sit, they denied me that and used that as a basis of late submission. I felt let down and extremely upset at Compliance/Student Hub shortcomings. We were sent to Greenford for exams we contested it as a long distance they gave an inappropriate response. Exams previous on site were a shambolic. mess. I was verbally an near physically abused in the tea room following a lecture from two female students the immediate staff handled it well upper- management did nothing. I have to make a decion whether to bother to come back to finish my dissertation as I feel I have and will be offered very little or no support. My time at GSM I was 97% late ndance a couple of times late I interacted with students and lecturers. To feel ultimately I am sure to conclude with only a diploma I feel this establishment let me down when it really counted.

Continue reading
    GSM London2019-02-18

Other Employee Reviews

1. "The most terrible place i have worked at"

Former Employee - Librarian

I worked at GSM London full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with very nice colleague and supporting students.

Cons

The atmosphere was somewhat positive when I joined but in the space of a few years things degraded. Management started being directionless and problems started pilling up. The management's technique seems to have kept people under pressure by making decisions at the last minute to push staff members to their limit. Unfortunately people started leaving and not being replaced. Restructure after restructure, nobody seemed to know who was supposed to make a decision which made it impossible to support students efficiently. I am happy i was able to develop some skills and work with some very nice people but I mostly resent every single decisions i had to make because of the constant bullying that started becoming the norm towards the last year and a half the company existed.

Continue reading
    GSM London2020-01-16
  2. "Dedicated to creating opportunities for students"

Former Employee - Lecturer in Greenford, England

I worked at GSM London part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Invested and supportive academics who take pride in what they do - Dedicated and committed professional services team - Diverse body of students - staff development opportunities

Cons

- facilities e.g. WCs and student zones - hot and cold temperatures in offices

GSM London2019-10-07

Discover more reviews about GSM London.